Campers and staff return year after year to the beautiful shores of Lake Champlain, the cozy lodge, rustic cabin bunks, and the grassy slopes of Laga for many reasons. They come to hone their sailing skills, to try archery for the first time, to practice their skills in a game of Quidditch, or to rehearse and perform a classic musical. Regardless of their program areas of choice, interest, or skill, ‘Laga campers and staff come together each summer to experience a magical sense of social safety, empowerment, confidence, mentoring, self-expression, and timeless traditions.
Residential Camp Staff
- Each season we are excited to bring together a team of counselors, both new and returning, from across the globe.
- Our counselors are committed to working together to create a safe, fun-filled, and growth-centered environment for each and every ‘Laga camper.
- All staff participate in a focused and intentional training program that is developed to support them in meeting the unique needs of all our campers and holding physical, social, and emotional safety as their top priority at all times.
- All lifeguarding staff are American Red Cross Lifeguard/CPR/First Aid/AED certified.
- Camp Health Officers are on site every day and are in communication with an RN for consultation daily.
- Learn more about our core values, the daily camp schedule, new programs and special activities coming to camp this summer, and the wide variety of programs offered at Camp Hochelaga.
Life in a Camp Cabin
- Residential campers sleep in Camp Hochelaga’s cozy cabins, sleeping 8 campers.
- All cabins are grouped by age so that campers staying in the same space are no more than 18 months apart in age.
- Cabins are clean, airy, and located close to bath houses with electricity and plenty of hot water for showers.
- Cabin capacity may be reduced to support camper health and social distancing practices
- Meals at camp are cooked from scratch, and served hot.
- All meals offer a balance of fresh, healthy, familiar options and include main dishes with a variety of side options to support camper choice.
- Camp Hochelaga is happy to accommodate dietary restrictions to the best of our ability.